Flexing negotiation muscle can also demonstrate your effectiveness as an employee.
[Download] Negotiate with Confidence: field-tested ways to get the value you deserve Paperback
Read: Parents favor their sons over their daughters in this one life-changing way. You probably know you should research your market value — the salary you can expect based on your experience, education level, industry and location — before negotiations. Many experts suggest talking numbers only after the hiring manager offers you a salary.
Consider asking for performance-based compensation. After working at a New York test prep company for four years, Dziura negotiated to receive a share of revenue for a new GRE initiative in exchange for writing the curriculum and helping promote it.
The agreement could be a win-win: You earn more, and the company reaps the benefits of your strong performance. You can also ask for perks other than pay, such as flexible work hours or professional development funding.
Explain how these benefits will improve your productivity or expertise and ultimately benefit the company, Gremillion says. Feeling valued would mean being given the flexibility and trust to work from 7 a.
- Bonus: Perks to ask for beyond salary!
- Negotiate with Confidence: field-tested ways to get the value you deserve New | eBay!
- Jarhead Happy Ending (Gay Military Massage Erotic Romance) (Military Masseur (Gay Erotica) Book 1);
- My Stomaco Hurts! (Pedagogia).
- Monitor your performance closely.
- Why Kinnaird Negotiation.
- Negotiate with Confidence: field-tested way to get the value you deserve.
How can we create a situation that looks like this? Steer clear of asking for more vacation time, though. You should feel empowered to ask for more money because you deserve it. Consider how successfully negotiating can buoy the confidence of other women and help close the wage gap. Brianna McGurran writes about student loans and millennial finance at NerdWallet, a personal finance website.
How to Ask for a Raise, a Step-by-Step Guide for Women - HelloGiggles
You can reach her at bmcgurran nerdwallet. Also be ready to share exactly what you are seeking. Be ready to negotiate. Be understanding, but make sure to stay strong to what is important to you.
How to ask for a raise, because you're a badass and you deserve it
A company that consistently avoids upping your salary is likely not one you want to be at long-term. Cara Sprunk March 05, pm. FB Twitter ellipsis More.
Image zoom. Getty Images. By Cara Sprunk. Close Share options.
- Estudio en escarlata (Clásicos - Tus Libros-Selección) (Spanish Edition).
- Innovation Lessons from 3-D Printing - Journal Article.
- How to get paid what you're worth.
- DesignIntelligence Bookstore - Books We Publish.
- Waiting To Be Found: Papers on Children in Care (The Tavistock Clinic Series).
Close View image. How to ask for a raise, because you're a badass and you deserve it.